Guys, I never really had the inkling to go to California before...but Inwook's best friend lives in LA, and when he begged me to go, I said "Ga-ja!" (That's "Let's go!" in Korean.)
A few thoughts on it:
1. It's basically the desert. With mountains. Palm trees. And lots of Latin-influenced architecture.
2. Because it's the desert, I was shocked that so many people have been raving about LA for so long. Why is America obsessed with a place that's barren?
3. Then I got into it. The food is great, there's always something to do, and it's exciting to walk around and be a total tourist.
We had such a fantastic time with Inwook's friends. They spared no expense showing us all the sites and eating all the food. Some of the highlights were:
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- Thai Food, Korean Duck, "Hot and Juicy" crawfish, crab, shrimp, and corn on the cob
- Griffith Observatory
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Downtown Hollywood
- Santa Monica Beach / Pier
I was able to make a video compiling all the fun parts of the trip! We stayed from Thursday-Sunday, so not too much time to see and enjoy everything fully, but I feel like we got a good taste.